Wednesday, February 11, 2015

True Confessions


This was weird.

I was called in to a public school down in Chinatown.  They had been battling crazy rats since the beginning of time.  I actually saw a rat poke its head through the ceiling in the boys bathroom, and the entire cafeteria reeked of rat feces.

The school had been doing their own rat control, with limited success.

As I came down into the basement locker room, I saw several snap traps set for rats, and I saw this one, which just made me laugh and gasp at the same time.

Obviously, the pencil makes me think they were trying to catch students instead of rats.

But notice also that the snap trap has been baited with open rodenticide, the bright blue substance.  Even though it looks like blue raspberry bubble gum, it's actually rat poison.

So yes, I definitely think the goal was to catch kids more than rats.

I wonder how successful they were before I showed up.

Ew York City will be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment