Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Poison Green


This is inside a rat bait station.

There are two types of bait blocks here, green and yellow (I won't get into all the technical differences between the two).

It seems like the rats prefer the green ones.  The one closest to the bottom is almost gone.

For these rat bait stations to be successful you've got to remove as much of the competing food source as possible.

Think of these bait blocks as some sort of artificial candy that you would eat if you had to, but you in no way would choose to eat it over one of your favorite meals.

The rat's favorite meal is human trash, so if there is any trash around, the bait will most likely go untouched.

The best part is when I open one of these and there is a live rat inside eating the bait!  That's always exciting.

To avoid that, I'll often knock on the top of the bait station.  Usually the rat will say, "I'l be out in a minute," so then I just wait.  If I don't hear anything I'll go right in.

Ew York City will be back tomorrow.

The bait is green.  Today is St. Patrick's day.  I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment