Friday, December 12, 2014

Spicy Friday



Every now and then I walk into a restaurant first thing in the morning and find a situation that looks like this.  The kitchen staff literally just left everything sitting out until the next morning.  I know because I have the key to the restaurant and was the one who opened up the front door and turned off the alarm.  Also, the mice and roaches I interviewed confirmed that these products were out all night.

Nobody feels like cleaning up after a long day of cooking, but c'mon, even cockroaches clean their antennae and flies clean their feet, so you gotta clean your kitchen at the end of the night.  Don't leave it for the morning crew.

These various spices and ingredients could certainly be attractive to flies and roaches, and some may even attract rodents, so you've got to close up shop tightly every night.

And the bright side is that also we eat the occasional bug, it does no harm to us.  The bugs are in fact high in protein.

Don't ask me how I know all that.

Have a happy weekend from Ew York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment