Monday, November 10, 2014

Don't Ask Alice



Every now and then I get creeped out.

Look at the size of these rat burrows (those are my two fingers on the left, I'm wearing gloves.)  Large is the appropriate word, either to describe the number of rats (plural) that are using this burrow, or the size of the rat (singular) that is using it.

In either case, I could fit my whole arm down this thing, but I'm not sure I'd get it back if I did.

However, the size of the rats is not the issue, nor is the precise number of their population in NYC.

The issue is that they prefer to live close to human beings.  They wouldn't be content to have their own island paradise away from us.  They like being near enough to people so that they can take advantage of all of the great garbage we produce.

So in these pictures, just a few feet away from these bushes are some stroller moms, out for a picnic with baby.  And baby is eating animal crackers.  And the crackers smell so good.  And so does baby's face.

Ew York City will be back the day after today.


No comments:

Post a Comment