Monday, March 7, 2016

Come My Precious


In the courtyard behind this Park Avenue apartment building is a wall that houses some of NYC's most powerful residents.

You can see their front door, and you can see the evidence they leave behind on their travels in and out.

As they tunneled out the wall, the dust gathered below in a heap, and as they run in and out they leave behind their "rub marks."

It is taking us a while to evict these rats.  There are at least twenty of them living in here, with numerous entrances, back doors, escape hatches, etc.  And the bait we are using doesn't seem to interest them so much yet.  I'm sure they have numerous reliable food sources elsewhere.

But like nature itself, I am a patient man.  I will wait them out.  I will sit and watch, and wait, and wait, until one by one they fall into my hands.  I don't care how long it takes.  I'll be waiting.

My clients are not so patient, so I keep having to show them pictures of dead teddy bears and stuffed animals that I doctor up to make it look like a snuff film.  Fortunately, like the rats, the clients have poor eyesight.  But how does their sense of smell compare?

Also, the newsstand on my block raised the price of candy to $1.25.  But the newsstand across the street still sells candy at $1.00.  So what would you do if you were me?

Ew york city will try to get back here tomorrow, but it's kind of tough, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment